Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chapter 1 - Page 6 & 7

Here we go with pages 6 & 7 this week. I found a unique challenge on this one in drawing the piano from a few different angles. Tough perspective work and more precise drawings than I'm used to doing. It's the kind of thing that tests my patience and discipline in making sure that I'm drawing everything right instead of just blasting through it. Tough because when I'm putting pencil to paper, I tend to just want to get the ideas out and on paper as fast as I can, before they go away, I guess.


I also think the coloring I did on these pages was some of my best up to this point. Not perfect, but my color choices and the shading I'd done of everything on this spread brought a lot to these panels.


Thanks for reading this week's pages, and don't forget to check in on Thursday to see inked versions of the same pages

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite so far. Also, you said 'blast.' Heh.

    ReplyDelete